Student Trainee Program
The Student Trainee Program has opportunities for students in several fields: Accounting, Clerical, Engineering and Information Technology. Assignments are made on the basis of the student's interest, course of study and availability of openings.
- Accounting: basic accounting, basic accounts receivable, basic bank reconciliation
- Clerical: general typing, computer software knowledge, filing, answering phones, distributing mail, operating copy machines, library assistant, working in Print Shop Bindery, proficiency in typing and computer software knowledge, data entry, scheduling meetings, maintaining office supplies, etc.
- Technical IT: personal computer support, Web site maintenance, rework computer hardware, basic electric and experience in lab, HTML, installing computer hardware/software
- Technical Engineering: CAD, engineering, manufacturing, electronics, PRO-E (math, calculus, algebra, physics, trigonometry), etc.
- At least 16 years old
- Minimum grade point average of 2.8/4.0
- Full-time student; either a junior/senior in high school or a freshman/sophomore at a community college
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Salaries range from $8.00/hr to $9.50/hr - based on the student's current year in school. During the summer, students work eight hours per day, 40 hours per week. When school begins in the fall, the work schedule is adjusted to 15 to 20 hours per week.
Application packets will be sent to all Peoria-area and Decatur High Schools, Illinois Central College and Spoon River College in December. Students will have until March 1 to apply. Any applications received after the March 1 deadline will not be considered.